5 transactions were valued over $500 million:
- $1,685 million for Japan’s Itochu buying Dole’s packaged foods and Asia fresh produce business
- $1,020 million for Germany’s BASF ingredients purchase of Becker Underwood in the United States
- $960 million for Heineken to gain an extra 8.6% of Asia Pacific Breweries
- $813 million for Canada’s Onex to buy SGS in US packaging
- $736 million for Onex to buy KraussMaffei in German equipment.
Of the 38, 12 were in alcohol, 12 in packaging and equipment, 6 in soft drinks and 8 in food.
22 involved the United States, including 8 international sales. Next came the United Kingdom on 5, India on 4 and Canada on 3.
28 countries were affected.
Full details are available free on the searchable bevblog.net mergers and acquisitions database.